HOW TO LEARN EFFECTIVELY

Post oleh : AHMAD ULIL ABSHOR | Rilis : November 04, 2023 | Series :


Learning effectively is a skill that can help you achieve your academic and personal goals. It involves using strategies that enhance your understanding, retention, and application of new information. 

  • Before you start learning, set a clear and realistic goal for what you want to achieve. This will help you focus your attention and motivation on the task. Also, choose a suitable learning environment that is free from distractions and has the necessary resources and tools. For example, you might need a quiet room, a computer, a notebook, or a dictionary.

  • During the learning process, use a variety of techniques that suit your learning style and the type of material you are studying. Some common techniques are: reading, summarizing, highlighting, taking notes, making flashcards, mind mapping, quizzing yourself, teaching others, and applying what you learn to real-life situations. You can also use the memory palace technique to memorize a passage quickly. Try to review the material regularly and space out your study sessions over time. This will help you consolidate your memory and prevent forgetting.

  • After you finish learning, evaluate your progress and outcomes. Ask yourself questions like: Did I achieve my goal? What did I learn? How well did I understand and remember the material? How can I use what I learned in the future? What difficulties did I encounter and how can I overcome them? What can I do to improve my learning next time? You can also seek feedback from others, such as teachers, peers, or mentors, to identify your strengths and areas for improvement.

google+

linkedin